Re: [Monotone-devel] compilation failure on Win32 MinGW

From: Markus Wanner
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] compilation failure on Win32 MinGW
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 11:18:53 +0100

Hi,

Stephen Leake wrote:
> There's no search function at
> http://lists.randombit.net/pipermail/botan-devel/, so that's rather difficult.

Oh, hm.. Jack?

> Then I suggest we put a comment in the code at that point saying we
> are ignoring the warning, so this doesn't come up again.

That would only lead to tedious merge failures for upgrades. Better
strip that 3rd party library...

> I guess we assume botan has its own test suite; those of us who are
> paranoid should run it in addition to the mtn test suite :).

That's close to impossible to do for the integrated botan. You'd have to
"port" the test suite. Again, strip it!

> Well, we could add a "future process" section to the wiki. But this is
> moot, since the wiki is currently not editable.

Good point. What's up with the wiki? Let's start another thread for that
question, though...

Regards

Markus Wanner