Re: [Monotone-devel] library build

From: Jack Lloyd
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] library build
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 12:27:02 -0400

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 12:01:50PM +0200, Zbigniew Zag??rski wrote:

> Jack: are you interested in making botan compliant to standard
> "configure/make" scenario ?

Um.... not particularly, TBH. I really really do not like autoconf.
And it is completely useless off Unix.

That said if someone sent me a configure.in that worked and handled
the same things configure.pl does I would certainly ship it at least
as an option.

> I know it's overkill sometimes but making > configuration script
> names "configure" and supporting --prefix option > would be very
> convienient for some ad-hoc builders.

Just it being named configure instead of configure.pl is a major
factor? :(

The --prefix option is supported BTW, though install on Windows IIRC
does not work.

-Jack