Re: [Monotone-devel] Performance Issues With Version 0.40

From: Derek Scherger
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Performance Issues With Version 0.40
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2008 22:21:33 -0600

Zack Weinberg wrote:

Hm, so maybe we ought to be looking into a binary on-disk
representation for rosters.  I'd thought that had already happened but
I guess I was wrong.  We'd still be stuck with the hex format for
netsync, but we know we need a new netsync anyway.

I had an experiment kicking around somewhere where I tried. I don't recall any particularly big speed wins but I'll see if I can dig it up and commit it so others can play with it. Unfortunately I haven't had much time for this stuff for quite a while now.

Cheers,
Derek