[Monotone-devel] question: how to organize a central repository with mul

From: Hugo Cornelis
Subject: [Monotone-devel] question: how to organize a central repository with multiple projects ?
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 10:46:20 -0500

Hi,

We are running a project that develops many individual software
components.  Each software component can be run and used stand-alone,
and the software components can be glued together in various ways to
give different applications.

Each software component has its own monotone repository.  Different
people are working on each software component.  We would like to setup
a central repository to facilitate collaboration between the software
developers.

Here are some possibilities:

1. One repository file served on one TCP port with a different branch
for each project ?  What do we do when one project has multiple
branches ?

2. Each project served by its own repository on its own TCP port ?

What is the best option ?  Other possibilities ?

Feedback appreciated.

Thanks,

Hugo

--
 Hugo Cornelis Ph.D.

 Research Imaging Center
 University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
 7703 Floyd Curl Drive
 San Antonio, TX 78284-6240

 Phone: 210 567 8112
 Fax: 210 567 8152