Re: [Monotone-devel] Error in make check!!!

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Error in make check!!!
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 13:52:39 -0400

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 6:42 AM, Venkata Hanuman Choudari S
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Of 467 tests run:
>         427 succeeded
>         4 failed
>         36 had expected failures
>         0 succeeded unexpectedly
>         0 were skipped
> 1 of 3 tests failed
> Please report to address@hidden
> make[3]: *** [check-local] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/prakash/Desktop/monotone-0.39'

Thank you for reporting this problem.  We need some more information
before we can help you.

First, we need to know what kind of computer you are using (especially
its CPU architecture), what operating system it runs, and what version
of which compiler you are using.

Second, please try the current release, version 0.40.  You can get the
source distribution from
<http://monotone.ca/downloads/0.40/monotone-0.40.tar.gz>.

Third, if you see testsuite failures for that version, please send us
(as attachments) the complete output of "make check", and after
running "make check", the complete output of this command:

  find tests -name STATUS | while read f; do case $(cat $f) in
*expected*) ;; *) d=${f%/STATUS}; echo "### $d"; cat $d/tester.log;;
esac; done

That command must be typed exactly as written.

zw