Re: [Monotone-devel] resolving name conflicts; implementation issues

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] resolving name conflicts; implementation issues
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 19:01:29 -0400

I've spent quite a bit of time figuring out how mark-merge is
implemented; I think I understand it now. I also have an approach to
adding support for suture and split.

Attached is a write-up of the mark-merge algorithm that allows for
sutures and splits, and a discussion of how to modify the computation
of the cached marking-map. It's based on the write-up by Nathaniel
Smith.

I'd appreciate any feedback anyone has on this.

I think it would be useful to commit this document in monotone, along
with the predecessor documents.

I haven't started changing the mark-merge code yet; that's the next
step. That work will be done on the nvm.automate_show_conflicts branch.

--
-- Stephe