Re: [Monotone-devel] resolving name conflicts; file suturing vs drop

From: Thomas Moschny
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] resolving name conflicts; file suturing vs drop
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 08:27:15 +0200

Markus Schiltknecht wrote:

> And I'm currently concluding that the 'single bit aliveness flag per node
> id' is overly complex for us and for the end user, while suturing and
> copying might achieve pretty much the same effect.

As I pointed out in another mail, it's not the bit that is complex - we
already have that: a node can be present in a manifest or not, that's
effectively the bit.

What we do not have currently, is a cache of the corresponding markings. To be
more precise: we don't have pointers to the (obviously marked) revisions in
which a node died.

Regards,
Thomas