[Monotone-devel] Re: HEADS UP: wiki migration

From: Lapo Luchini
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: HEADS UP: wiki migration
Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 18:34:52 +0200

William Uther wrote:
I had a quick look at this wanting to help. t seems that there are many good and useful pages (such as the BestPractices sub-tree). There are also a bunch of pages that were set up to list some points around a theme that have drifted way out of date (e.g. AttrUseCases).

Is there a broad set of guidelines for how the wiki should be organised? Then we could do a rough organisation of this old content as we do the update.

So far the only change that was not a "convert 1:1" was using sub-pages more extensively in the idea that we track renames and can do that with little problems (and that on a filesystem using a tree of files instead of one big flat directory looks nicer). We didn't think about any other structural change, but IMHO the approach is "simply go ahead", except maybe if it's such a big or controversial change you think it would be pointless to spend time upon if maybe no one likes it and wound maybe be reverted... web.ikiwiki is a work in progress branch right now, so we can play with it with little problems.

  Lapo