[Monotone-devel] Howto help: detecting updates in a script

From: Jack Lloyd
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Howto help: detecting updates in a script
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 10:32:20 -0400

I have a Django project that I am using Monotone with. What I want to
do is (from a cronjob on the web server): sync against an external
database, update, and if (and only if!) anything changed, restart the
fastcgi process.

However I don't see an obviously correct way of detecting if anything
changed. `mtn update` doesn't seem to return a meaningful exit code (0
if something changed, or if it didn't - no help there). The best I can
come up with is mtn automate get_base_revision_id before and after the
update, compare, and if it changed restart the process. Is there
anything better?

-Jack