Re: [Monotone-devel] Inconsistent behavior: clone vs checkout

From: Matthew Nicholson
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Inconsistent behavior: clone vs checkout
Date: Fri, 02 May 2008 08:48:47 -0500

Thomas Keller wrote:
Matthew Nicholson schrieb:
So,

Should mtn checkout be modified to work like mtn clone? I know it has been mtn co -b ... for ages, but should it be changed to mtn checkout branch.name dir? That would make it more like mtn clone and also more like svn checkout. On downside, mtn co ../new_ws (something I do often), might try to check out the '../new_ws' branch and fail.

Again, we're planning to get rid of -b on the long term, so it will be removed from checkout one or the other day as well.

Thomas.

Ok.  I didn't realize how extensive your "no more -b" discussions were.

--
Matthew Nicholson
matt-land.com