Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone 0.40 and SSH-Agent: broken?

From: Ralf S. Engelschall
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone 0.40 and SSH-Agent: broken?
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 15:30:03 +0200

On Sun, Apr 13, 2008, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 13, 2008, Richard Levitte wrote:
>
> > In message <address@hidden> on Sun, 13 Apr 2008 10:11:07 +0200, "Ralf S.
> > Engelschall" <address@hidden> said:
> >
> > rse+monotone-devel> Please apply my posted patch and run the
> > rse+monotone-devel> "ssh_agent" test. Does it fail or succeed for you?
> >
> > Just did on my Linux laptop, and it fails.
> >
> > Ralf, please commit the changed ssh_agent test so it gets out there.
> > That's the best way to activate people ;-)
>
> I've now committed two more checks which show the problem.
> Now remains just the task to still fix this nasty new problem... ;-)

I'm currently digging and according to "mtn --debug" outputs it looks
like Monotone on "commit" doesn't contact the SSH-agent initially at
all. My first impression was that perhaps the communication protocol
itself got broken. But this doesn't seem to be the problem. Monotone
just starts fiddling with the SSH-agent once one has entered the
pass-phrase (and this way very late). So, for me it looks like in
Monotone 0.40 we have any change with now prevents the SSH-agent from
being correctly consulted on "commit" at all...

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       address@hidden
                                       www.engelschall.com