Re: [Monotone-devel] Time for a release

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Time for a release
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 13:48:07 -0400

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 1:24 PM, Jack Lloyd <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 03, 2008 at 07:07:20PM +0200, Richard Levitte wrote:
>  > It's been a little more than a month, and two other branches have been
>  > merged in (among others causing a need to migrate the database), so I
>  > think it's time for 0.40.
>
>  Random curiosity: UPGRADE says that each known-server var has to be
>  unset after moving to (what-will-be) 0.40: why is this? I am not
>  seeing anything obvious in the n.v.m log

As of rev d24f04c17774410058c7981a18da726748a3156e you don't have to
do that anymore. :-)

We went a little overboard with the binary hashes and tried to use
them for server fingerprints as well.  I've changed it back, because
the space hit is too small to worry about, and it's much better UI -
no need to drop all the variables on upgrade, "ls vars" doesn't dump
garbage to your screen (or need to have a special case for
known-server vars in order not to do that), etc.

zw