Re: [Monotone-devel] question about automate select

From: Richard Levitte
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] question about automate select
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 17:30:26 +0100 (CET)

Ah, the drawback of having a more descriptive author value.

For some reason that I find hard to understand, the author is matched
*exactly*, and since my author string is "Richard Levitte
<address@hidden>", just "address@hidden" will not match it.

Using --debug cleared the mystery:

  : ; mtn automate select "address@hidden/2007-11" --debug
  mtn: prepared statement SELECT id FROM (SELECT id FROM revision_certs WHERE
name=? AND CAST(value AS TEXT) glob ? INTERSECT SELECT id FROM revision_certs
WHERE name=? AND CAST(value AS TEXT) glob ?)
  mtn: binding 4 parameters for SELECT id FROM (SELECT id FROM revision_certs
WHERE name=? AND CAST(value AS TEXT) glob ? INTERSECT SELECT id FROM
revision_certs WHERE name=? AND CAST(value AS TEXT) glob ?)
  mtn: binding 1 with value 'author'
  mtn: binding 2 with value 'address@hidden'
  mtn: binding 3 with value 'date'
  mtn: binding 4 with value '*2007-11*'

Note how binding 2 lacks any globing, while binding 4 has some...

In essence, I'd say you're doing nothing wrong, but maybe that we
should look over the use of selectors...

Cheers,
Richard

In message <address@hidden> on Mon, 12 Nov 2007 10:04:51 -0600, "Craig L.