Re: [Monotone-devel] Stange Behaviour In Version 0.37

From: Timothy Brownawell
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Stange Behaviour In Version 0.37
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 11:01:26 -0600

On Sun, 2007-11-04 at 16:50 +0000, Anthony Edward Cooper wrote:
> Just thought you would like to know...
>
>     I was testing my perl automate stdio library when I noticed some odd
> behaviour. My test database is the one from monotone.ca, synced using
> mtn version 0.35. What I have seen:
>
>     1) mtn ls branches takes much longer.
>     2) Above command does not give the same results as 0.35. 0.37
> reports 86 branches and 0.35 reports 187.

There's a new feature that lets you "suspend" a branch head. If all
heads of a branch are suspended, that branch is considered dead. (2) is
a result of our using this feature to hide a number of stale branches.
(1) is an unfortunate side-effect which will hopefully go away
eventually.

>     3) Because of I suspect point 2 `mtn update -r h: -b
> net.venge.monotone.types' from branch net.venge.monotone also fails
> where it used to work for 0.35.

Giving --ignore-suspend-certs should make this work.