[Monotone-devel] Re: Merging program for windows

From: Lapo Luchini
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Merging program for windows
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 11:56:59 +0200

Nuno Lucas wrote:
> When I was "doing" windows, WinMerge was one of my "must have"
> programs. No other merge program on windows (that I knew of) was as
> easy to use (and fast, because one could use the keyboard).
> It has a small problem: it doesn't do 3-way merges. For simple file
> merges it's great, though.

On Windows, WinMerge is the best for 2-way, but there's also a native
version of kdiff3 available.
I use it with cygwin's monotone thanks to a little shell wrapper (though
I've seen on the list a solution by Graydon to call cygpath from LUA
instead of from a script which seems better to me, but I didn't try it
because, -well- the current solution works ok already and I don't have
real motivation to change it :P)

% cat /usr/local/bin/kdiff3
#!/bin/bash
KDIFF=/cygdrive/c/Program\ Files\ \(x86\)/KDiff3/kdiff3.exe
PARAMS=
while [ $# -gt 0 ]; do
  case $1 in
    --L*)