[Monotone-devel] Re: cvs_import feature sponsored

From: Graydon Hoare
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: cvs_import feature sponsored
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 11:49:30 -0700

Markus Schiltknecht wrote:
Dear monotone hackers,

I'm happy to announce that I've recently signed a contract with MQSoftware, who sponsors me for finishing my cvs_import rewrite. I wish to thank Kelly F. Hickel for making this possible, and I'm looking forward to contribute to their and monotone's success.

Wonderful news, congratulations!

It probably does not require mentioning, but if possible of course I'd encourage you to do this with a clean enough interface to monotone that other projects can reuse it.

While I'm always pleased to have monotone be "best" at something, extracting latent structure from a CVS archive is as you know research-grade inference work, and if you can condense what you learn into a reusable tool it'll probably have greater visibility and longevity.

-graydon