Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone fails to detect certain changes in files

From: Richard Levitte
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone fails to detect certain changes in files
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 00:42:59 +0200 (CEST)

In message <address@hidden> on Sat, 25 Aug 2007 16:49:37 +0100, "Nuno Lucas"
<address@hidden> said:

ntlucas> Off course that if I do a "refresh_inodeprints" or remove the
ntlucas> inodeprints file it will work, but that is not the point.
ntlucas>
ntlucas> My point is I'm trying to understand if this is a bug or a
ntlucas> "work as designed" kind of thing.

I would say it's work by design.  The inodeprint for each file is a
hash of the concatenation of ctime, mtime, mode, inode number, device
number, uid, gid and size.  If none of those change and only content,
then inodeprints isn't for you, as your way of changing the files
REQUIRES checking the contents, making inodeprints a moot feature.

Cheers,
Richard

                                        http://richard.levitte.org/

                                                -- C.S. Lewis