Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone test failures on ppc

From: William Uther
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone test failures on ppc
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 11:25:28 +1000

On 20/08/2007, at 9:26 AM, Roland McGrath wrote:

[I'm not on the list.  Please be sure to keep me CC'd in all replies.]

Building monotone 0.36 on ppc, I get these failures in make check:

 37 db_check_and_non-serious_errors               FAIL (line 24)
143 db_kill_rev_locally_command                   FAIL (line 22)
144 db_kill_rev_locally_command_2                 FAIL (line 25)
374 schema_migration_with_rosterify               FAIL (line 61)
428 update_to_off-branch_rev                      FAIL (line 21)

Complete details are available here:
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile? taskID=98891&name=build.log

AFAICT all of these boil down to an error that just says:

        mtn: error: sqlite error: SQL logic error or missing database

Is there a known issue with 0.36 on ppc?  It occurs to me that of the
platforms I build on, ppc is the only big-endian one; so perhaps the
problem is for big-endian machines rather than for ppc in particular.

This happens on Fedora 6, 7, and 8 (devel), when building for ppc or ppc64.
0.35 works fine and passes all its tests on these same systems.
configure options are default (i.e. bundled sqlite).

Building from 7e2721b2cdd4ab5187b9169aefadf6377735b766 on Fedora 7/ppc
gives me the same failures (as well as others that I presume are
development flux).

Am I the only one seeing these failures?

It was building on the MacOS ppc buildbot post 0.36.

Cheers,

Will        :-}