Re: [Monotone-devel] Suspend certs...

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Suspend certs...
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 08:24:10 +0200

William Uther schrieb:
>>   As I threatened a while ago :), I've just merged the suspend-certs
>> branch into trunk.  I've also used the my first real suspend cert, in
>> the suspend-certs branch to close off a micro-branch that I didn't like.
>
> Just a quick note.  This may affect the speed of some operations.  It
> would be good if people reported any change after the merge that affects
> them.
>
> In particular, mtn ls branches is a fair bit slower now.  It would be
> much better if it were incremental, then it wouldn't seem quite so bad.

Ouch, 35.92 user against 0.06 user before. And somehow ls branches
doesn't honor --ignore_suspend_certs (why are there underscores instead
of dashes, btw?)

Can you elaborate a bit more what you mean with "incremental"? IMHO if
we do not get the speed of ls branches down to only a few seconds, we
should make --ignore_suspend_certs the default for ls branches and other
 affected commands.

Thomas.

--
only dead fish swim with the stream: http://thomaskeller.biz/blog