Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Imminent release...

From: Richard Levitte
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Imminent release...
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 12:22:43 +0200 (CEST)

In message <address@hidden> on Thu, 02 Aug 2007 11:49:41 +0200, Thomas Keller
<address@hidden> said:

me> Richard Levitte schrieb:
me> > Another question is, do we want slaves to work on both the release
me> > branch and the main trunk, AND ARE THE SLAVE BUILD ADMINS OK WITH
me> > THAT?
me>
me> Can one and the same slave build two different branches? How are
me> revisions supposed to be distinguished from these branches?

Sure, all I have to do is create another set of build directories.
You'll notice that your slave has a directory full-i386-suse93, right?
All I need to do is set up another called, say, release-i386-suse93,
and make sure it pulls and updates from net.venge.monotone.release.0.36
or something like that, the rest is the same as before.

Note that each build dir has its own database, so it means there's
going to be a bit of duplication.  Just the database with the main
branch take about 71MB right now, and that means it's going to be
another 71MB.

I don't know a way to change that.  The different build slaves are
meant to be self contained, and duplicate databases like that are the
consequence.

With that in mind, are you still ok with such a scheme?  How about the
other admins?

me> In any case, go ahead. I'm ok with it for the suse build slave.

Cheers,
Richard

-----

                                        http://richard.levitte.org/