[Monotone-devel] Path patches for Windows (was: Imminent release...)

From: Anthony Williams
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Path patches for Windows (was: Imminent release...)
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 09:38:16 +0100

Anthony Williams <address@hidden> writes:

> Richard Levitte <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> In message <address@hidden> on Mon, 23 Jul 2007 14:38:19 +0100,
>> Anthony Williams <address@hidden> said:
>>
>> anthony_w.geo> The unit_tests are failing too. charset:idna_encoding
>> anthony_w.geo> is failing, and paths:basename is crashing with an
>> anthony_w.geo> unhandled exception, though I'm not sure where. Unit
>> anthony_w.geo> tests beyond this are not run due to the crash.
>>
>> Another one with the idna_encoding problem (seen that with the Vista
>> bot already), 'k.  As for paths:basename, the easiest is probably to
>> look in the file unit_tests.log...
>
> I've just looked into the problem, and found the cause:
>
> any_path::basename will check for a colon off the end of the string if the
> supplied string is empty.
>
> I've got a patch that will fix this; I'm just running the tests again, and
> will post the patch when I've confirmed the fix.

Attached is a patch that fixes the path unit tests on Windows. The main patch
is against paths.cc, to actually fix the problem. I've also had to patch
botan/mem_pool because the comparison operator for MemoryBlock against a void*
was not symmetric as required by the MSVC STL in debug mode.

Anthony
--
Anthony Williams
Just Software Solutions Ltd - http://www.justsoftwaresolutions.co.uk