Re: [Monotone-devel] unit_tests.exe crashing on windows vista when build

From: Richard Levitte
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] unit_tests.exe crashing on windows vista when build with visual studio 2005 (vs8)
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 01:50:48 +0200 (CEST)

In message <address@hidden> on Sat, 14 Jul 2007 11:41:46 -0500, "Kelly F.
Hickel" <address@hidden> said:

kfh> Hi all,
kfh>
kfh>                 I’ve got a build slave setup for vs2005 on vista ( build
slave name is i686-winvista-vs2005
<http://monotone.ca/buildbot/i686-winvista-vs2005>  at
http://monotone.ca/buildbot/ ). The unit tests are crashing during the
cset:basic_csets test (The tests previous to this test passed).
[...]
kfh> We end up in the function below, crashing on the third iteration of the
while loop below:
kfh>
kfh> // the ordering on file_path is not exactly that of strings.
kfh>
kfh>   // see the "ordering" unit test in paths.cc.
kfh>
kfh>   bool operator <(const file_path & other) const
kfh>
kfh>   {
kfh>
kfh>     std::string::const_iterator p = data.begin();
kfh>
kfh>     std::string::const_iterator plim = data.end();
kfh>
kfh>     std::string::const_iterator q = other.data.begin();
kfh>
kfh>     std::string::const_iterator qlim = other.data.end();
kfh>
kfh>
kfh>
kfh>     while (*p == *q && p != plim && q != qlim)
kfh>
kfh>       p++, q++;

I think the test expression needs to be reordered.  It's a bit silly
to check for content equality BEFORE checking if the end has been
reached.

Fixed in a few minutes.

Cheers,
Richard