Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: ding dong, boost::filesystem is dead

From: Ulf Ochsenfahrt
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: ding dong, boost::filesystem is dead
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 12:37:25 +0200

Nathaniel Smith wrote:
On Thu, Jul 12, 2007 at 11:34:45PM +0200, Ulf Ochsenfahrt wrote:
I'm currently using a statically compiled binary of monotone which weights in at 40 MB. I wanted to get the huge db fix on my laptop, and the easiest way was to do a static compile on my work machine and copy over the library.

Err, that probably isn't boost's fault, actually, the binaries we
distribute with boost linked statically are only like 4 megabytes.
That sounds more like maybe you built with debugging enabled (-g), and
didn't strip the binary ('strip mtn')?

Uhh, ahh, yeah, that's it.

-- Ulf