Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Making vocab-from-string constructors explicit?

From: Timothy Brownawell
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Making vocab-from-string constructors explicit?
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 18:53:48 -0600

On Fri, 2007-01-26 at 12:00 -0800, Graydon Hoare wrote:
> Zack Weinberg wrote:
>
> >> Does anyone have (good) reasons not to do this? I think it'd help us
> >> keep the code clean.
> >
> > I tried to do this once before.  I found some real, if probably
> > harmless, bugs doing it (things being converted to types they honestly
> > weren't) and I think it's a great idea, but I gotta warn you that the
> > fallout will be immense.  I gave up on it just because it was too much
> > work.
>
> Yeah, probably a lot of tedious work, but I'm in favour too.

About 2k lines and 83k bytes from "mtn diff", and 47 files. I actually
have it mostly done (therefore the asking specifically for good
reasons), and was mostly asking because such a large change seemed bad
to drop on people without warning.

--
Timothy

Free (experimental) public monotone hosting: http://mtn-host.prjek.net