Re: [Monotone-devel] 'mtn add' output on stderr

From: Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] 'mtn add' output on stderr
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 15:56:36 +0100 (CET)

In message <address@hidden> on Thu, 25 Jan 2007 14:45:53 +0100, Tim Kettler
<address@hidden> said:

tim.kettler> is it by intention that the output of 'mtn add ...' goes
tim.kettler> to stderr instead of stdout? If so, what is the reason
tim.kettler> for that.

You mean the status messages such as this?

    mtn: adding bar to workspace manifest

Uhmm, I dunno, it makes perfect sense to me to have such messages go
to stderr.  It's like error messages and warning messages, except
these are purely informational.

In any case, I'd prefer to keep ot that way.

Cheers,
Richard

-----

                                        http://richard.levitte.org/