Re: [Monotone-devel] For those using my snapshot builds, an appology

From: Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] For those using my snapshot builds, an appology
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 22:49:20 +0100 (CET)

In message <address@hidden> on Wed, 24 Jan 2007 12:18:47 -0800, "Nathaniel J.
Smith" <address@hidden> said:

njsmith> Shouldn't it just run the migrate unconditionally?  Then it
njsmith> won't matter if you notice the schema change... (And db
njsmith> migrate is guaranteed to be a no-op if the schema has not
njsmith> changed, for exactly this reason.)

Mmmm, but it takes a backup of the database before migrating, which
takes some time for big databases.  Worth thinking about, thought.

I'd love some comments from fellow Debian users about this.

Come to think of it, another way could be to store the schema version
for future referense, and to start a migration whenever it changes.

Cheers,
Richard

-----

                                        http://richard.levitte.org/