Re: [Monotone-devel] missing directories

From: Derek Scherger
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] missing directories
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 20:56:22 -0700

Nathaniel J. Smith wrote:
On Tue, Dec 26, 2006 at 10:19:28PM -0700, Derek Scherger wrote:
The attached patch changes update_current_roster_from_filesystem slightly so that it will abort if there are missing directories, whether they contained files or not. It also makes some slight tweaks to the

Do we have any tests for this error?

Prior to this patch there appear to be no tests for this error. The patch does include a test to check that status fails with a missing empty directory and a directory that has been replaced by a file. Is there some other test you would like to see added or are these sufficient?

It looks good to me.  One quibble: does anyone care that they have 7
missing files and 3 missing directories?  Is there any reason not to
just tell the user they have "10 items missing" or something like
that?

I'm not hung up on the distinction, it was simply the first thing I came up with. I'll change it as you suggest and we can see how it goes.

Since 0.32 is out I guess I don't have to wait any longer for that either. Thanks Richard. ;)

Cheers,
Derek