Re: [Monotone-devel] Why does pull require -k?

From: Justin Patrin
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Why does pull require -k?
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 11:49:49 -0800

On 12/14/06, Boris <address@hidden> wrote:
After synchronizing my monotone database with another I can use 'mtn sync'
and 'mtn push' just like that (as monotone remembers everything from the
first sync). However 'mtn pull' tells me it does an anonymous pull. I have
to use -k to specify which key I want to use. Is this is a bug? I wonder as
I don't find anything in the documentation that I need to use -k for pull
all the time while sync and push remember?

It's probably an oversight as monotone is an open source project and
is probably thought of in those terms. Open source projects generally
allow anonymous pulls and therefore it wouldn't be a problem to not
include the key.

But yes, sounds like a bug. ;-)

--
Justin Patrin