[Monotone-devel] Call for contributions: Lua Programming Gems

From: Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Call for contributions: Lua Programming Gems
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 09:19:48 -0200

You have a project listed in our project page and I thought you might be
interested in contributing to a book on Lua Programming Gems which we
plan to publish.

Here is a formal call for contributions, which is also available at
        http://www.lua.org/gems/

Thank you very much. We hope to hear from you.
--lhf

CALL FOR CONTRIBUTIONS: LUA PROGRAMMING GEMS

We plan to publish a book on "Lua Programming Gems", along the lines of
the famous "Graphics Gems" series and other similar series. The book
will be edited by the Lua team and published by Lua.org, like PiL and
the Lua Reference Manual.

The goal of the book is to collect and publish existing wisdom and
practice on how to program well in Lua (including the C API). Gems can
range from detailed tutorials on Lua features to advanced techniques
and tricks, like the late Lua Technical Notes. Interesting case studies
of how Lua can make a difference in a concrete application are also
welcome. In particular, the book will be an opportunity for wiki authors
and other Lua experts to polish and publish their contributions. A gem
should contain around 3000 words or 10 pages.

We shall ask contributors to the book to license non-exclusive rights on
their contributions to us. Authors will retain copyright of their work.

If you are interested in writing one or more Lua Programming Gems,
please send a one-page, 300-word abstract in plain text to address@hidden
by 10 Jan 2007. The editors will review and select gems based on these
abstracts. Here is the timetable for the first phase:

10 Jan 2007 - one-page abstracts due
01 Fev 2007 - authors notified of selection results
01 Jun 2007 - full text due

During the second phase, the editors will work with the authors to polish
their contributions. We plan publish the book in Dec 2007.