Re: [Monotone-devel] mtn automate tcp

From: Timothy Brownawell
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] mtn automate tcp
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 10:21:20 -0600

On Fri, 2006-11-17 at 15:13 +0100, Thomas Keller wrote:
> Ulf Ochsenfahrt schrieb:

> > 5. Multiple Access
> > You'd need to figure out some way to handle the locking issues you get
> > with multiple concurrent access.
>
> There is absolutely no concurrency in stdio today and I doubt it is
> useful to allow such things when stdio works on a single db in the
> backend since their access would need to be streamlined anyways. So if
> an action is running, the service would probably need to give some
> "busy" signal back to the calling request.

Netsync also has absolutely no concurrency (kinda hard to have real
concurrency in a single-threaded program...). What it does have is a way
to switch between connections after doing just one thing, and it would
be fairly easy to extend it to allow for automate commands.

--
Timothy

Free (experimental) public monotone hosting: http://mtn-host.prjek.net