Re: [Monotone-devel] Calling the shell from a hook

From: Larry Hastings
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Calling the shell from a hook
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 18:08:30 -0800

Brian May wrote:
Apparently Mercurial was written in Eiffel, and Monotone was written
in C++ (IIRC). I prefer the compiled to native code one - Monotone.
Mercurial was written in Python with C extensions for speed.  It was not written in Eiffel.

Of the two I gather Mercurial is generally regarded as faster; speed has been much more of a priority for them.

larry