[Monotone-devel] Monotone-viz on Windows

From: Olivier Andrieu
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Monotone-viz on Windows
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 21:50:16 +0100

Hello,

Well, it looks like I've finally managed to compile monotone-viz on
Windows. It even seems to be working :p

Get it here:
http://oandrieu.nerim.net/monotone-viz/monotone-viz-win32.zip

,----
| Instructions to get monotone-viz running on Win2K/WinXP (won't work on
| Win9x):
|
| 1. Install Graphviz and monotone (Windows installer available from
|    their respective homepages)
|
| 2. Install the GTK+ runtime environment from
|    http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/stable.html
|
|    There might be some DLL conflicts with DLLs shipped by Graphviz,
|    say yes if the GTK+ installer wants to rename those DLLs.
|
|    You might have to re-log at this point so that environment
|    variables are properly updated.
|
| 3. Run monotone-viz.exe and in the `Preferences' menu enter the path
|    to mtn.exe and dot.exe.
|

| The two DLL shipped with monotone-viz come from
| http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/binaries/win32/ .
`----

Btw, this is a build of the n.v.monotone-viz.automate branch: it
doesn't access the database directly, it uses `mtn automate stdio'
only. Using monotone 0.31 is strongly recommended since it has
important performance improvements for mtn automate.

I'd be happy to get some feedback (positive or negative).
--
   Olivier