[Monotone-devel] Re: monotone semistatic 0.31 - Floating point exception

From: Thomas Moschny
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: monotone semistatic 0.31 - Floating point exception
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 21:34:14 +0100

Hello Henry!

On Monday 13 November 2006 21:25, you wrote:
> the official "nonstatic" version dont't run, because I have no
> libstdc++.so.6

That's why I (try to) provide semistatic binaries.

> I tried the "semistatic" from Moschny.

btw, that's me :)

> http://www.ipd.uni-karlsruhe.de/~moschny/monotone/mtn-0.31-x86-semistatic.b
>z2
>
> This crashed with an "Floating point exception".  See my outputs
> [...]

I know, that's why I neither announced it nor sent it to Nathaniel yet. I
still have to find out the reason for this (and some other strange) problems.

Please be patient. I have some other things with higher priority to do, but
will try to make the binary within the next few days. (That said, there's
nothing wrong with 0.30, and 0.31 doesn't bring that much new features.)

> $ ./mtn-0.31-x86-semistatic --version
> Floating point exception
>
> The system is a SuSE 9.0.  tested on a Intel CPU with kernel 2.6.17 and
> on AMD-Athlon with kernel 2.4.21-99-athlon.  All the same output.
>
> Henry

Thomas

PS: cc'ing to monotone-devel.

--