[Monotone-devel] No attributes on root node possible?

From: Christof Petig
Subject: [Monotone-devel] No attributes on root node possible?
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 15:36:21 +0100

Hi,

while I implemented the attribute storage of cvssync I noticed that the
following command does not work:

$ mtn attr set / test 42
mtn: misuse: absolute path '/' is invalid

(neither does set "" test 42 work)

So my questions are:
Should we make an exception for / as a valid path name for an attribute?

As far as I understood root node attributes would be a good idea to
store global information (e.g. cvs server, module, svn revision), is
this correct? Nathaniel: do you agree?

   Christof