Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Possible Bug in Montone

From: Justin Patrin
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Possible Bug in Montone
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 15:53:47 -0700

On 9/24/06, Bruce Stephens <address@hidden> wrote:
"Glyn Owens" <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> mtn: misuse: wanted schema ae196843d368d042f475e3dadfed11e9d7f9f01e, got
> 9d2b5d7
> b86df00c30ac34fe87a3c20f1195bb2df
> mtn: misuse: try 'mtn db migrate' to upgrade
> mtn: misuse: (this is irreversible; you may want to make a backup copy
> first)
> address@hidden:~/stuff> mtn --db=~/stuff/OE.mtn db regenerate_rosters
> mtn: regenerating cached rosters
> mtn: calculating rosters to regenerate
> mtn:   regenerated
> mtn:  3,320/10,623mtn: fatal signal: Segmentation fault
> this is almost certainly a bug in monotone.

Why did you try "db regenerate_rosters" rather than "db migrate"?

Segfaulting suggests a bug, of course.

I'm an OpenEmbedded developer. Our database snapshots are pre-0.30,
yes, so to work with 0.30 they must be migrated (for now). I just
upgraded to monotone 0.30 and it migrated just fine. Probably you did
it in the wrong order, as Bruce suggests.

--
Justin Patrin