Re: [Monotone-devel] mtteam : Eclipse team plugin for monotone

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] mtteam : Eclipse team plugin for monotone
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 19:06:31 -0700

On Sat, Sep 16, 2006 at 03:07:15PM +0200, Jon Bright wrote:
> I've written a team plugin for Eclipse.  It currently has only the bare
> necessities.  With it, you can:

Huzzah!

>  - No file history support
>  - It could be a lot prettier

Are you planning to merge with monoclipse's history graph viewer?
  http://www.monoclipse.ch/

>  - Click "New Remote Site"
>  - Enter name "mtteam", URL "http://discord.ensued.net/mtteam";, click OK

Please put up a web page, so people can find this in google, and we
can easily point people to it...?  E.g., on
   http://venge.net/monotone/wiki/InterfacesFrontendsAndTools

>  - Accept the license (GPL2), click Next

Since it sounds like several people are interested in working on this
now, it might be a good time to have the license discussion... also,
monoclipse is under EPL, and thus incompatible with the GPL.

I guess an easy way to avoid the discussion would be to dual-license
mtteam, and ask Stefan if he's willing to do the same (since I'd guess
he is).  The monotree code that monoclipse is based on is MIT, so
_that's_ all right...

So let us espouse a less contested notion of truth and falsehood, even
if it is philosophically debatable (if we listen to philosophers, we
must debate everything, and there would be no end to the discussion).
  -- Serendipities, Umberto Eco