Re: [Monotone-devel] trouble with monotone 0.30

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] trouble with monotone 0.30
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 13:47:22 -0700

On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 04:38:24PM -0400, address@hidden wrote:
>   1 basic_invocation_and_options                  FAIL (line 1)
>   2 scanning_trees                                FAIL (line 2)
>   3 importing_a_file                              FAIL (line 2)
>   4 generating_and_extracting_keys_and_certs      FAIL (line 2)
>   5 calculation_of_unidiffs                       FAIL (line 4)
>   6 persistence_of_passphrase                     FAIL (line 2)
>   7 multiple_version_committing                   FAIL (line 2)
>   8 creating_a_fork                               FAIL (line 2)
>
> I probably did something stupid, or else these FAILS are unimportant,
> I hesitate to attach the full screen outout from make and make test
> because it's over a megabyte.  Unless someone really needs to see it,
> of course.

No, something is definitely broken with your build (though whether
that's your fault or not I couldn't say :-)).  We need to see the full
output from the testsuite to know why everything is failing.

What you should do is:
  $ cd $(builddir)
  $ $(srcdir)/testsuite.lua 1..10
And then send in the file tester_dir/tester.log.  Because it just ran
the first 10 tests, the file shouldn't be too big, but it should still
give us enough information to know why they're all failing...

"...All of this suggests that if we wished to find a modern-day model
for British and American speech of the late eighteenth century, we could
probably do no better than Yosemite Sam."