Re: [Monotone-devel] Invariant violated when converting a CVS repository

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Invariant violated when converting a CVS repository to Monotone using Tailor
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 10:31:41 -0700

On Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 11:54:31AM -0300, Juan Jose Comellas wrote:
> I have been trying to convert a big CVS repository to Monotone using Tailor,
> and I got this error in the middle of the process:
>
> mtn: fatal: St11logic_error: database.cc:845: invariant 'I(cancel_size <
> pending_writes_size)' violated

Wow, lots of people are hitting this.  The bug is already fixed in
mainline, if you want to get that; otherwise, you can patch up 0.29
simply by finding line 845 of database.cc, and turning the "<" into a
"<=".  I.e., it currently says
  I(cancel_size < pending_writes_size);
but it should say
  I(cancel_size <= pending_writes_size);

Sorry about that,

"On arrival in my ward I was immediately served with lunch. `This is
what you ordered yesterday.' I pointed out that I had just arrived,
only to be told: `This is what your bed ordered.'"
  -- Letter to the Editor, The Times, September 2000