Re: [Monotone-devel] workspace migration improvements - no more database

From: Daniel Carosone
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] workspace migration improvements - no more database
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 19:30:48 +1000

On Wed, Sep 06, 2006 at 11:14:55AM +0200, Christof Petig wrote:
> [The meaning in cvssync is: The ID of the synced file is unknown but
> known to be different to the current state (in other words the content
> is known to have changed since the last sync).]

You need to know this, but do you actually need to store this
explicitly?  If you set an attr in revision N at sync time to the cvs
id, and then in a child revision M there's a local commit that changes
content, you can see this from the rosters of M and N where there are
different contents for the same node and attr value.  Note that those
revisions will be marked, too.

There was an irc discussion on this topic a few days ago; I can't
easily dig up a url for it right now, but I will later when noone
beats me to it.

--
Dan.