Re: [Monotone-devel] workspace merge status update

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] workspace merge status update
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 00:59:47 -0700

On 9/2/06, Nathaniel Smith <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sat, Sep 02, 2006 at 08:50:02PM -0700, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> One thing doesn't make sense -- there is commentary
> on the need to fix up the absolute paths in _MTN/options of the saved
> workspaces, and there are indeed absolute paths in those files that
> don't exist on my computer, but I see no code to fix up the paths ...
> and yet the test succeeds on my computer.  How is this possible?

Ah, that could use some commenting... if you look carefully at the
checks its doing, it doesn't compare the two options files
byte-for-byte, it has some hardcoded regexes it scans for, with
artfully placed .*'s.

No, I mean, we go on to run monotone commands in the reconstituted
working directory, I don't see how that is managing to work.  (And it
seems to me it would be good to do a little more -- compare "automate
inventory" output, perhaps?)

zw