Re: [Monotone-devel] nvm.interrupts: beginnings of more robust signal ha

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] nvm.interrupts: beginnings of more robust signal handling
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 16:49:48 -0700

On 7/22/06, Zack Weinberg <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hmm, I kind of like how the current design keeps all the crazy
> signal/exception/etc. handling (that never changes) out in one file,
> and then all the actual monotone-related logic is in a different file.

Understood, but I think duplicating it all between unix/main.cc and
win32/main.cc is worse, and I think the problem you're seeing is
better addressed with some more judicious refactoring of cpp_main,
which was a mess before these changes and is still a mess today.

I have now done just that (still on nvm.interrupts).  The option
parsing loop got its own function, the chain of catch clauses is now
much shorter and calls into ui to do the grunt work, and all the stuff
that we MM() at the very beginning is now MM()ed in sanity.cc.  This
last I'm not 100% sure is a good move, but it's in a separate commit
from everything else so it will be easy to get rid of if we decide we
don't want it.  The upshot is, cpp_main() now fits on one screen, yay.

zw