Re: FAQ on wiki (was Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Dumb Question)

From: Daniel Carosone
Subject: Re: FAQ on wiki (was Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Dumb Question)
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 17:24:16 +1000

On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 12:16:15AM -0700, Nathaniel Smith wrote:
> OTOH, while the manual is kept up to date at all times, I think the
> last time the FAQ was _updated_ also predates the wiki by a
> considerable amount.  It's quite inaccurate or out of date, and
> embarassing.  I don't see how putting it on the wiki could hurt, given
> this, and maybe it would help :-).
>
> (For that matter, maybe we should move the "self-hosting guide" there
> too; it's also been rotting for ages, and could definitely be
> improved.)

While this would be fine and probably the best choice, another way
would be to revive and actually use the nvm.www branch for website
content, allowing devs to edit these pages at least a little more
readily.  There are even some hints at the end of the tutorial section
of the manual about schemes to make such a thing more useful, if
someone wanted to pick up those ideas for an implementation.

--
Dan.