Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: branch review for net.venge.monotone.multihead

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: branch review for net.venge.monotone.multihead
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 18:40:54 -0700

I rewrote CMD(merge) again according to your suggestions; please have a look?

I was thinking about using commit date as a further heuristic, i.e.
when we have two LCAs neither of which is an ancestor of the other,
merge the newest one first; furthermore, when we have three or more
heads with the same LCA, merge the newest two first.  However, it
seems like a huge pain to get from a revision_id to its commit date,
and in fact I'm not sure the date cert is guaranteed to exist.
Thoughts?

zw