[Monotone-devel] relative paths from list commands

From: Derek Scherger
Subject: [Monotone-devel] relative paths from list commands
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 21:39:38 -0600

It seems rather odd to me (and some other folks on this list I believe)
that, when run from within a subdirectory of the workspace, the ls
commands list paths relative to the workspace root, rather than relative
to the current directory.

address@hidden ~/monotone/inventory/win32 $ pwd
/home/derek/monotone/inventory/win32

address@hidden ~/monotone/inventory/win32 $ mtn ls known .
win32/README
win32
win32/read_password.cc
win32/get_system_flavour.cc
win32/process.cc
win32/monotone.iss
win32/terminal.cc
win32/inodeprint.cc
win32/fs.cc
win32/make_io_binary.cc
win32/os_strerror.cc
win32/modpath.iss

I'd be happy to change the various ls commands to print $PWD relative
paths rather than workspace relative paths, if there's some general
consensus that this would be a Good Thing.

Any opinions?

see also http://venge.net/monotone/wiki/RelativePathnames

Cheers,
Derek