[Monotone-devel] Fixed netsync-wedging bug

From: Graydon Hoare
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Fixed netsync-wedging bug
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 13:11:22 -0700

Hi,

I just tracked down a subtle and annoying netsync bug that has been pestering us for a while. It involves a not-very-hard-to-trigger case wherein the nesting of queries and subqueries gets broken. The symptom is just netsync going dead awaiting i/o, with no obvious logic errors or data corruption.

If netsync has been hanging for you recently (post-0.26), I'd be curious to hear feedback on whether this change fixes your problems. The head containing a merge of my change is

502422b06d27c0bd826d4ace41ad433cec2c1256

I also added a randomizing unit tester for the netsync refiner (which is what isolated the bug, actually) so this sort of thing should be slightly more readily caught in the future.

-graydon