Re: [Monotone-devel] any more 0.26 blockers?

From: Nuno Lucas
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] any more 0.26 blockers?
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 02:47:06 +0100

On 4/10/06, Nathaniel Smith <address@hidden> wrote:
> You untar it, and cd into the package source directory first.  You
> might want to add -b, too, which means "build a binary package only,
> don't need a source package".  One tricky bit with the 0.26 release in
> particular is that I had to munge the debian version because I messed
> up the versions on the pre packages, so the debian package is actually
> version "0.26.0", not "0.26".  So dpkg-buildpackage will be happier if
> you rename the build directory from "monotone-0.26" to
> "monotone-0.26.0".

Followed your and Matthew steps to build a deb for Ubuntu 5.10 (Breezy).
Made it available on my home server for anyone who wants it (but
expect a slow download speed - 16KB/s max).

http://xpto.ath.cx/~lucas/monotone/

Only tested on 2 machines, both with Ubuntu Breezy - x86.

> There's also pre-built debs for both x86 and amd64, on both sid and
> sarge, on the web site :-).

Those don't work on Ubuntu because of different library versions (libboost-*).

Anyone is free to mirror it, as I don't have that server always on
(and my ISP disconnects me every 12 hours).

Best regards,
~Nuno Lucas