Re: [Monotone-devel] libraries and headers in /usr/local

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] libraries and headers in /usr/local
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 15:29:00 -0800

On Sun, Mar 26, 2006 at 01:18:54PM +0200, Lapo Luchini wrote:
> Every time I "./configure" monotone on FreeBSD I have to remember using
> CXXFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include" LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib"
> as FreeBSD ports are very strict in only using /usr/local as PREFIX
> and thus needed libraries like boost are found there.
>
> I have no big problems with this, but I noticed that many configure
> script in others projects search, by default, both in /usr and
> /usr/local without needing explicit indication.
> Could that be done in monotone's configure too, or are there problems
> I can't foresee?

Nope, just that no-one wrote the relevant code.  Patches definitely
accepted.

So let us espouse a less contested notion of truth and falsehood, even
if it is philosophically debatable (if we listen to philosophers, we
must debate everything, and there would be no end to the discussion).
  -- Serendipities, Umberto Eco