Re: [Monotone-devel] [bikeshed] once more on bookkeeping dirs...

From: Shaun Jackman
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] [bikeshed] once more on bookkeeping dirs...
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 16:25:14 -0700

On 3/14/06, Nathaniel Smith <address@hidden> wrote:
> So, one issue that came up in the discussion last week about renaming
> the monotone executable was what to do with the bookkeeping directory:

My order of preference:

MTN
_MTN
_mtn
MT
.MTN
.mtn
Bamboo shoots under my fingernails
.MTN-bookkeeping
.MTN-`head -$RANDOM /usr/share/dict/words | tail -1`

I vote against any -suffix name, due to its being annoying and taking
up too much horizontal space causing ls to be able to use only one or
two columns.

I'd prefer to keep the existing name for ~/.monotone.

Cheers!
Shaun