Re: [Monotone-devel] clarifications about bookkeeping dir

From: Marcel van der Boom
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] clarifications about bookkeeping dir
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 12:13:25 +0100

On 15 mrt 2006, at 11:38, Nathaniel Smith wrote:

Effectively replying to a few different emails here...
  -- "MTN" is not one of the options.  It conflicts with the
     executable name on case insensitive filesystems.  The bookkeeping
     dir must have a name one would not otherwise use, and obviously
     if we're _shipping_ a file named that it is hard to argue that it
     will not be otherwise used :-).
On the risk of being burned down, not having followed the details on all threads on the bikeshed, what *exactly* is *wrong* the the current 'MT' ?

     (Which is, incidentally, the main thing blocking 0.26 -- the
     merger is still not well tested.  I hear the argument that we
     need to get it out the door, but... darn it, tests _are_
     important.  There's a principle here...)
Agreed
Please, don not let that slip. Please.

--
Marcel van der Boom