[Monotone-devel] About how to work with translations...

From: Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker
Subject: [Monotone-devel] About how to work with translations...
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 21:04:03 +0100 (CET)

I'm noticing that in the comments above each translation, there seem
to be some disagreement if the paths should be something like this:

   #: ../commands.cc:323

or like this:

   #: commands.cc:324

I'm assuming that it all depends on how you update your
po/monotone.pot or individual .po files.  Trouble is that because of
that "disagreement", I continuously have to watch what I do every time
I commit, and it's getting a bit tiresome being nervous that one of
your .po files will slip through.

So I'm wondering if there's a way to reach some common ground.  I
dunno about you, but when I want to update my po/monotone.pot and
po/sv.po, I simply do this:

   (cd po; make monotone.pot-update) && make

Of course, it immediately means that all the other .po files get
changed, typically every damn path above every damn translation,
making it a PITA to see what really changed.

Am I doing it the wrong way?  I dunno about you, but the above works
for me, gives me exactly the information I need and gives me great
Swedish translations (well, as good as Joel and I have med them so far
at least :-)).

Cheers,
Richard

-----